- Date: To be confirmed
- Location: Virtual (MS Teams platform)
- Facilitator: Dave Collings
- Presenter: Prof. Kim Jenkins and Wynand van Niekerk
- Cost: €500.00
Loudon International presents a four-day course that provides the attendees with the knowledge necessary to understand the laboratory equipment and procedure to determine the optimum mix design and controlling the quality of BSM during construction. Specialised laboratory equipment from Wirtgen is used, including the WLB 10S foamed bitumen plant, WLM 30 pugmil mixer and WLV 1 vibrating hammer compactor. The course is presented by experts in bitumen stabilised materials and unmatched experience in this technology.
The course is presented in 8 sections
- Obtaining representative samples and sample preparation for mix design
- Calibrating the WLB10 S and determining the foaming characteristics of bitumen
- Using the WLB10 S and WLM 30 to mix material with foamed bitumen and active filler
- Manufacturing test specimens using the WLV 1 vibrating hammer compactor
- Curing the specimens
- Indirect tensile strength (ITS) testing of soaked and unsoaked specimens (ITS)
- Triaxial testing to determine the shear properties of specimens
- Reporting the results of all tests using Excel Worksheets
Who should attend?
This course is not an introductory course in pavement engineering or laboratory management. This course is suited to participants who have had some exposure to laboratory testing or management. Basic understanding of BSMs and laboratory equipment is advised. This is the ideal learning experience for engineers and laboratory technicians who will be working with BSM technology.